How to throw a party in Williamsburg VA
It’s almost the end of summer. Days are getting shorter, stores are offering back-to-school sales. But there’s still time to make the most of this glorious season.
- Go where you haven’t been, do what you haven’t done. Where haven’t you explored and what haven’t you tried? Rock climbing at a state park an hour away? New exhibit at a museum or zoo? Outdoor yoga class? End the summer by doing and/or seeing something new.
- If it’s been a busy summer, relax. Summer can be crazy, especially if you have kids in summer sports. So if it feels like summer whooshed right by, carve out some time before school starts to just relax. Have a family barbecue in the backyard, complete with card games and a bonfire to toast marshmallows. You could even pitch a tent for some low-stress backyard camping. Pro tip: Make it a digital-free event.
- Yard games. Badminton, volleyball, slip ‘n’ slides, even water balloons—what can you do that’s silly and fun and doesn’t take more effort than going out your own door?
- Enjoy the sun. Take some time and enjoy the sun, either while it’s rising or setting. In fact, if you don’t normally watch the sun rise, give it a try—it’s a great way to start a day.
- Go on a picnic. Outdoor meals always taste better. Go to a local park or nature preserve along with your water bottle, some fruit, and your family’s favorite NY Deli sandwiches to make things easy. Then relax and enjoy your surroundings.